December is truly the month to eat, drink and be merry and with an event almost every day of the month, Austin is chalk full of things to keep you busy. Here are a few holiday happenings we are looking forward to in the coming weeks:
Tuesday, December 10
- Learn how to cook like a pro with TRACE Chef Kocurek during his Central Market cooking class. Starting at 6:30 at the North Lamar locale, find out the secrets to his famous charcuterie and impress all of your friends with some delicious homemade pate this holiday season. Class cost: $60.
- Head over to Craft Pride on Rainey St at 6:30 for Tre's Guided Flight Night - an evening that is part educational, part exploration, and 100% delicious. Led by the bar’s own Certified Cicerone, Tre Miner, the monthly tastings are geared toward those looking to broaden both palates and general beer knowledge. The flight will include 5 beers and two slices of pizza from renowned trailer Via 313, along with guided beerducation, trivia, prizes, giveaways, and a Q&A.
Wednesday, December 11
- Get in some holiday shopping while treating yourself to a little pampering. From 6-8pm at W Austin’s AWAY Spa, receive complimentary mini-treatments (think facials, mini-massages & polish changes), discounts on spa products, and pop-up shops from CassandraCollections jewelry and St. Bernard Sports. Bonus: get a free style from the Blo bar before hitting your next holiday party!
Friday, December 13 through Sunday, December 15
- Sticky Toffee Pudding Co. owner Tracy Wilkinson-Claros will be at By George on 6th & Lamar sampling an assortment of her deliciously addicting puddings and bars with ready-to-purchase packaged items available. Hurry over this weekend to scoop up something for everyone on your list, plus indulge with a little something extra for yourself!
- Returning exclusively to By George, fans of Chanel rejoice as a unique, highly curated collection from the fashion house including vintage jewelry and handbags makes its way to Austin with many rare pieces available for purchase. In conjunction with New York City vintage haven What Goes Around Comes Around, the trunk show series features classic styles from the 1970’s through 2000’s. Truly a can’t-miss for fashion lovers!
Sunday, December 15
- Celebrate Sunday Funday for a good cause as iHeart Austin’s Rainey Deer Festival benefitting HAAM takes over Rainey Street from 11am to 6pm. For a $10 donation, receive a wristband to see live music from local acts at any of the participating bars like Craft Pride, Bungalow, and Lustre Pearl. For more info visit: http://www.1031iheartaustin.com/pages/HAAM.html
Thursday, December 19
- Get out of your living room and into W Austin’s for a holiday party to remember. From 9:30 to 11pm, enjoy $5 special holiday drinks (think Maple Spiced Hot Toddys, ‘Rootbeer’ Floats and Holiday Sangria) as well as complimentary holiday-inspired nibbles until 10:30. Rock around the Christmas tree all night long with festive DJ sets from Go Go Garcia & Bird Peterson.