Not leaving town for Memorial Day Weekend? You can still celebrate in Austin. From parties and entertainment to food and drink deals, as well as spa discounts and shopping, here are 10 great “to-dos” for the perfect long-weekend stay-cation:
Parties & Entertainment
1. Relive your prom experience and kick off Memorial Day Weekend at Sullivan’s Adult Prom. Beginning at 8pm, enjoy $7 wine and signature cocktail specials – like the Cotton Candy Martini, candy bar, giveaways and a DJ spinning prom hits through the decades. No need to make your own spiked punch, plenty will be on hand while you hit the dance floor to relive your glory days. Prizes will be given out for best dressed in addition to the essential Prom King and Queen honors. Get in the prom spirit with a pre-dance meal at Sullivan’s and indulge in the Sure Thing three-course prix-fixe menu for only $39. RSVP here.
2. Head downtown to celebrate ‘Sunday Funday’ with an evening of free live music in W Austin’s Living Room. Living Room Live, the popular, monthly live-music series hosted in conjunction with Transmission Events continues with performances by Orthy and special guest Royal Forest on Sunday, May 25th. Throughout the evening, take advantage of $4 American beer specials or try one of W Austin’s many new inspired summer cocktails. The monthly event (taking place the last Sunday of every month) and downtown highlight is free and open to the public ages 21+. The band is also doing a meet and greet with fans starting at 5pm on the hotel’s WET Deck. The meet and greet is also free and guests can enjoy libations from the pool’s rooftop bar.
3. Want a posh space to take in some rays? Try W Austin’s WET Deck which will have day-passes available for the public on Memorial Day. For $30 you’ll have access to the pool all day. Order from the W Austin menu and try out some of their new spring cocktails available at the WET Deck Bar.
Food & Drink Deals
4. Beginning Saturday May 24th, TRACE is rolling out a post-brunch party on the patio to coincide with their new weekend happy hour. Following brunch, starting at 3pm guests can order from the happy hour menu and/or also partake it in it’s new “buckets and bottles” which have either 6 local brews or make-your-own mimosas on the outdoor patio. Enjoy some of the best people watching in the city and the “natural air-conditioning” that filters off of Lady Bird Lake on to the restaurant’s lush outdoor patio.
5. Searsucker celebrates Sunday will all-night happy hour and for those looking to keep the grill lid closed and go out to eat, will welcome guests with a $15 burger and beer night on Monday.
6. Enjoy views of the lake and a great happy hour at The Bonneville’s outdoor patio. The discounted drinks and food are offered every day from 4:30 to 7pm even over the weekend and will have an ALL DAY HAPPY HOUR on Monday.
8. With the rising temperatures for the holiday weekend, Independence Brewing’s White Rabbit White Ale makes the perfect drinkable beer to kick off the summer. Now that the “can ban” has been lifted, no need to go back to Natty Light, you can still drink like an adult and enjoy your favorite local craft beer as you reminisce about your glory days on the river.
Shopping & Spa
9. Need some new summer threads? From May 19-24, By George Man has Austin guys covered with a week full of promos on seasonal provisions like swim, footwear, shorts, and more. As a bonus, guys who shop throughout the week will receive a complimentary local beer and By George koozie. What goes better with shopping than a cold one? Follow @ByGeorgeMan on Instagram as the store will be posting a different deal each day.
10. In need of an escape or prefer a little pampering? Try AWAY Spa at W Austin which offers a lucky locals package. All local residents receive a 30% discount on services Mon-Thurs, including Memorial Day. In addition guests have access to the gyms, steam room and WET Deck along with any treatment. So go ahead and book a session and then lounge by the pool. (Fri-Sun locals receive 10% off. Please mention the offer when booking.)