Mother’s Day is right around the corner on Sunday, May 10 but there’s still plenty of time to plan the perfect day. Here are our suggestions:
For the Mom Who Needs Some Pampering:
This year, give mom what she deserves most – a day of relaxation and rejuvenation. Mecca, located on the Third Floor at 6th & Lamar, is a locally-owned refuge located in the heart of downtown Austin. The home away from home provides a stress-free escape from the noise of daily life with a luxury day spa and lifestyle gym. Mecca is offering three Mother’s Day special packages (available through the end of May).
What Mom really needs is pretty straightforward. Sleep. Peace & quiet. A mani pedi. Let W Austin’s award-winning AWAY Spa whisk her away this Mother’s Day with perfectly blended packages for the VIP treatment she so deserves.
For the Stylish Mom:
- Can’t decide what to get mom? Let the experts at By George help. With a huge assortment of contemporary, beauty, home and gift items now available at the recently renovated South Congress store and drool-worthy designer pieces like Chloe clutches or Maiyet hand printed scarves, you will be in mom’s good graces permanently.
For the Active Mom:
- Perfect for active moms who love yoga, spin, Pilates, and more, FitFit is an Austin-based line of high performance active apparel featuring fun, bold patterns. Created by yoga lover and entrepreneur Joy Torres, FitFit embodies the warm and vibrant colors of her native Brazilian culture. Standing out from the fitness masses, the responsibly-made products are versatile and affordable, retailing under $100.
- Dancers Shape, a Pilates-barre studio on Burnet Road, is hosting a special Mother’s Day party this Saturday, May 9. Bring your mom or daughter for a FREE class and enjoy drinks, snacks and shopping! Call the studio to reserve your spot: (512) 382-9150.
Mother’s Day Dining Ideas:
- Treat mom to an indulgent brunch downtown at TRACE. From 10:30am to 4:30pm on Sunday, May 10, guests can partake in a three course fixed menu for $55 per person, including coffee & tea and a complimentary cocktail for moms. Some of the prix fixe menu items include: starters such as Capellecci en Brodo, potato and spec filled pasta with spring beans and consomme; main course such as spinach and Crab Cake Benedict with jumbo lump crab meat, creamed spinach, marinated artichokes, bernaise, Braised Short Rib with crispy slat potatoes, onion confit, sautéed spinach and horseradish demi and Maple Brined Double Cut Pork Chop with homestead gristmill grits, cabbage and butte beans; Desserts options include Red Velvet cake with layers of raspberry cremeux, cream cheese ice cream, raspberries and Tahitian vanilla bean sauce, or Pistachio Cherry with pistachio financier, vanilla bavarios, cherry gelee, lemon curd, and whipped white chocolate ganache.
- As of April 26th, Apis Restaurant & Bee Apiary will have just launched Sunday brunch but that isn’t stopping them from doing an “extra special” brunch menu for the moms this Mother’s Day. Whether you are in Spicewood, or want to get your mom out of town and explore Texas’ beautiful hill country, Apis is a great place to show mom how much you care. Their Mother’s Day brunch is a three-course prix fixe brunch ($45 for adults and $20 for children) available from 11-4.
- Show mom how much you love her by skipping the crowds and doing something a little different: Sunday Supper at laV. Join for nightly specials and the regular a la carte menu or choose to indulge in the Chef’s Tasting, a three-course prix fixe for $40 that includes Executive Chef Allison Jenkins’ favorite dishes featured that week. Or, if you mom is traditional, go ahead and book a table for brunch. The restaurant will extend hours, opening from 10-3. A don’t miss? The pitcher of bellinis for $28 featuring housemade fruit puree from Executive Chef Janina O’Leary.
- Searsucker is offering a special three-course brunch for $35 for Mother’s Day on Sunday, May 10 where all kids will eat for free. There will also be $2 mimosas in addition to $5 Bloody Mary’s!