Senior Account Executive
Cultivate Public Relations is hiring a Senior Account Executive to join our team. We are a boutique public relations agency based in Austin, TX specializing in lifestyle, hospitality, entertainment, fashion and design PR.
A Senior Account Executive at Cultivate PR consistently works each day to gain visibility and achieve measurable results for our clients. This position works with client contacts and agency team members to create and execute multifaceted public relations and outreach plans for our clients.
The skilled, creative, diligent and organized candidate for this position will be prepared to plan and execute strategies for local, regional and national clients, assisting on large accounts as well as leading mid and smaller size clients. Whoever fills this position must have a passion for the industry and a willingness to evolve at the rapid pace of our ever changing media and content landscape.
- Develop strategic public relations and marketing plans
- Advocate for the client, their business and their goals through account team leadership and collaboration
- Execute account strategies and activities
- Direct activity on assigned accounts, keep clients informed of account direction and maintain forward momentum on projects
- Research, Develop and edit pitch lists
- Write press releases, backgrounders, feature articles, brochure and website copy
- Check and approve creative/production materials, copy, layouts and production art to ensure they are in line with client and agency expectations
- Manage workflow to ensure standard of work is met and the client's expectations are met and exceeded
- Keep appraised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments-their key issues, competitive situation and industry trends
- Think strategically, creatively and display curiosity about client fields of interest as well as industry trends.
- Think laterally, beyond what is expected, to achieve or surpass client goals and expectations.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or Marketing
- Minimum 5 years PR experience; agency experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills including writing press releases, media alerts, creative pitching, communication with media contacts
- Experience interfacing directly with clients
- Knowledge of social media platforms and content creation as part of a broader client strategy
- Working knowledge of Cision media database
- Proficiency in Microsoft office Suite: Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Existing relationships with key media a plus
- Ability to extract relevant information from multiple sources and synthesize to form cohesive story
- Timeliness and quality of project deliverables essential
- Strong initiative and resourcefulness, highly self-motivated; ability to work independently and act as a member of a team
- A “can-do” temperament and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Ability to multitask and maintain order in the face of chaos
- A self-starter who is energetic, enthusiastic, persistent, creative and motivated to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Strong people skills; ability to interact with a wide range of personalities
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.