Are you a hard-working, motivated, independent worker who can also work well in a team setting? Then we are looking for you!
Cultivate PR has a broad range of PR, marketing, and branding experience with particular expertise in hospitality, lifestyle, entertainment, fashion, and design.
We are looking for interns who are self-motivated, detail-oriented, and genuinely want to learn about public relations. Intern must be a multitasker with strong ideas who can also take instruction well. Desired applicants will need to have a Major or Minor in Public Relations/Marketing, possess a positive attitude and professional demeanor, be organized, and have a level of familiarity with Microsoft Office, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Having a car or mode of transportation is desirable.
** This is an unpaid internship position and you must be receiving school credit in order to be considered**
PR Duties include:
Creating/updating media lists
Composing/editing/distributing media materials, including press releases, media alerts, and calendar listings
Developing pitch ideas
Assisting in field marketing efforts
Press tracking and reports, filing, and some admin work
Brainstorming new events, ideas for PR pushes, and learning basic pitching skills
- Research, press clippings, Cision, online sources for posting events and client news
- Grassroots marketing outreach: maintaining retailer relationships, organizing seasonal pushes
- Public Relations: helping draft press releases & media alerts, updating press reports, brainstorming new events, ideas for PR pushes and learning basic pitching skills
- Administrative tasks: filing, deliveries, etc.
- Social Networking: outreach through twitter and Facebook
For consideration, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.